PHC News + COVID-19 Update: June 8, 2021
“There is so much to gain from the progress we are making, so let’s keep pushing to get as many people as possible fully vaccinated as soon as we can.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- 165 new cases of COVID-19 were announced for a total of 145,695 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 2,051
- Currently hospitalized: 203
- Intensive care: 57
- There have been 0 new COVID-19 related death, for a total of 1,722 deaths.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 5
- Interior Health – 42
- Island Health – 10
- Fraser Health – 78
- Vancouver Coastal – 30
- In B.C., 3,685,340 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 345,508 of which are second doses.
- This means 74.2% of all adults and 71.9% of those 12 and older have now received their first dose.
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Affairs team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDemail@example.com
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.