PHC News + COVID Update: March 30, 2021
“We are asking people for your help – particularly over the next three weeks – to push our curve back down again. This means staying small, staying outside and staying with our same group of close contacts.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- For Tuesday, March 30: 840 new cases were reported over the last three days, for a total of 99,035 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 7,602
- Currently hospitalized: 312
- Intensive care: 78
- 0 new COVID-19 related deaths, for a total of 1,455 deaths in BC.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 46
- Interior Health – 67
- Island Health – 39
- Fraser Health – 421
- Vancouver Coastal – 265
- There have been 320 new confirmed COVID-19 cases that are variants of concern in our province, for a total of 2,553 cases.
- 724,193 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered in B.C., 87,319 of which are second doses. Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Vaccine appointment bookings for our age-based immunizations are now open for people 73 or older in all health authorities, and Indigenous peoples over 18.
- Individuals who are clinically extremely vulnerable and have received a letter identifying them as such are also able to book appointments.
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
|BC||Total||1,013||7,405||100,048 (91,066 recovered)|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.