PHC News + COVID Update: May 11, 2021
“We are calling on every adult in our province to join our efforts and register for your vaccine today. Last week, almost 400,000 people registered for their vaccine. We can break that record this week.”
Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, and Adrian Dix, Minister of Health
- For Tuesday, May 11: 515 new cases of COVID-19 were announced, including 10 epi-linked cases, for a total of 136,623 cases in British Columbia.
- Active cases: 6,020
- Currently hospitalized: 426
- Intensive care: 141
- There has been 2 new COVID-19 related death, for a total of 1,624 deaths in British Columbia.
- New cases by health authority region:
- Northern Health – 12
- Interior Health – 65
- Island Health – 20
- Fraser Health – 300
- Vancouver Coastal – 116
- In B.C., 2,219,856 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-SII COVID-19 vaccines have been administered, 110,516 of which are second doses.
- Vaccine data is available on the COVID-19 dashboard at: www.bccdc.ca
- Read Tuesday's joint statement on BC's COVID-19 response.
Please note: Numbers are updated on weekdays at 5 p.m.
|New Cases||Today's Total Cases||Cumulative Total|
(within the last 24 hours)
|*patients that are currently being cared for as COVID-positive|
REMINDER: Please direct all media inquiries to Providence’s Communications & Public Relations team.
Ann Gibbon, Senior Communication Specialist, Media Relations
After-hours media line: 778-999-0064
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions or concerns, please email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resource links:
PHC has a website for staff, medical staff, and researchers to address concerns, questions, protocols and guidelines around sick-leave and compensation-in-lieu for COVID-19. Click here to view the website. This website will be updated daily and is accessible from work and home on your mobile or desktop devices. THIS SHOULD BE YOUR SOURCE OF TRUTH FOR INFORMATION.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.