Holy Family Hospital: Rehab Units 1&2 (Declared over on February 14, 2021)
The COVID-19 outbreak at Holy Family Hospital Rehab Units 1&2 was declared over on February 14, 2021 by Vancouver Coastal Health Public Health.
- The Medical Health Officer declared a COVID-19 Outbreak at Holy Family Hospital Rehab January 28 on Units 1 and 2. As of today, February 11, there have been 4 patients and 3 staff members who have tested positive for COVID-19. All patients have been transferred and no positive patients remain on the units. The outbreak is expected to be declared over by February 14, 2021.
- Please note that the outbreak is located in the Rehab Unit only; Holy Family long term care is unaffected.
- Patient care activities are being provided with guidance from the PHC Pandemic Response Team and Public Health. At this time, “in-person” visitation has been suspended. Out of abundance of caution, all Holy Family rehab outpatient appointments are being done virtually and not in person, until further notice.
Please be advised that:
- The PHC Pandemic Response team is working closely with Public Health to ensure appropriate precautions are in place for everyone’s safety. Please note that the outbreak is located in the Rehab Unit only; Holy Family long term care is unaffected.
- Patients in Rehab1 and 2 are restricted to their rooms and all essential care activities are being provided with guidance from the PHC Pandemic Response team and Public Health.
- HFH Rehab is closed for new admissions and to visitors.
- Although visitor restrictions are in place, we will continue to support virtual connections via telephone or facetime.
- To book a virtual connection for REHAB 1: 604-786-4045
- To book a virtual connection for REHAB 2: 604-812-8661
- If you want to discuss the discharge plan for yourself/your family member, please speak to the social worker. If you do not know who the assigned social worker is, please call HFH reception at 604-321-2661 to be patched through to the right person.
- All Holy Family Rehab staff will continue to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, as before, in order to protect residents and staff at all times.
- Out of an abundance of caution, all Holy Family rehab outpatient appointments will be done virtually and not in person, until further notice.
- Patients and staff will be closely monitored for symptoms.
- Patients and staff who develop any symptoms, however mild, will receive the testing and care they need.
- Depending on our you/your loved one’s communication abilities, we will advise family if you/your family member is being tested for COVID-19. We will provide an update with the results as soon as they are available.
Public Health will continue to closely manage and monitor the situation. Further measures for infection control may be directed by Public Health, as required.
We understand this is a stressful time and work to provide you updates as we know more. Should there be any new developments or changes to the above, we will provide regular updates to you as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeffrey Chan, Manager, Holy Family Rehab at (604) 312-0320.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.