Holy Family Hospital LTC Neighbourhoods 1 & 2
ATTENTION: On September 24, 2020, the Medical Health Officer declared a new COVID-19 outbreak for Holy Family Hospital Long term Care Neighbourhoods 1 & 2 ONLY. No residents have tested positive for COVID-19. The rehabilitation program remains safe and open and is not part of the declared outbreak.
As of October 4, 2020
- We are pleased to share that the COVID-19 outbreak at Holy Family Hospital Long Term Care Neighbourhoods 1&2 has been declared over. As there have been no resident and no new staff cases of COVID-19, Vancouver Coastal Health Public Health has officially declared the outbreak over on Sunday, October 4, 2020.
- We would like to thank all of you for your continued commitment, hard work , support and understanding during this difficult time.
- A Vancouver Coastal Health Medical Officer led the outbreak response and worked closely with Providence Health Care experts in facility outbreak management, as well as the Holy Family Hospital leadership and staff to ensure appropriate infection control precautions were in place. Additionally, comprehensive outbreak response measures provided staffing and operational support to ensure residents continued to receive the care they needed.
- The health and safety of our residents and health care providers remains our utmost priority as part of our pandemic response. Post-outbreak operational plans are in place to ensure Holy Family Hospital residents continue to be well protected and receive the best care.
- We know that restrictions of visitation and other activities have been difficult for our residents, families and all of you. We appreciate your understanding during the outbreak. Operational protocols have been developed to support resumption of family visitation and other resident care activities now that the outbreak is declared over. We will provide more detailed information in our next communication in the upcoming days.
- Thank you again for your exceptional effort, compassion and support during this difficult time.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.