Please note that as things change rapidly, Q&As and guidelines will be updated. Review this website often to ensure you have the most up to date information or consult your leader if you have concerns or identify discrepancies.
- Can we increase the presence of Infection Control at our sites with department specific guidelines to clean equipment and protect staff?
- Equipment cleaning/disinfection, use of transmission based precautions, and promoting hand hygiene has been part of the IPAC "Back to Basics "program for the last two years. We understand that in times of outbreaks, staff are more aware of the needs to adhere to these basics. We rely on enabling our leaders and educators at the unit and program levels to help with ensuring these basics are done. If there are specific deficiencies in guidelines or practice, please contact: Dr. Victor Leung (Medical Director of IPAC) at VLeung@providencehealth.bc.ca or Tel: 778-879-2339, and Bonnie Lantz (Director of IPAC) at BLantz@providencehealth.bc.ca or Tel: 604-682-234, x65579 to discuss.
- Can we increase the presence of housekeeping to assist in regular disinfecting of sharing patient waiting spaces, door handles, etc.?
- Yes, enhanced housekeeping and cleaning is already underway. Please inform your operations leads if you identify deficiencies.
- Where can I go for more information?
- PHC staff and medical staff now have this dedicated website for all important COVID-19 information, available at work and at home on their mobile or desktop devices. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.