Mental Health & Wellness
- To alleviate some of the immense stress on staff and medical staff who are engaged in PHC’s COVID-19 response, here is a list of wellness supports to sustain us going forward. Check it out here: https://www.phcmedstaff.ca/support-for-medical-staff-covid-19/
- To support your mental health and wellness, a support line is available for staff and volunteers to speak with a colleague who is trained to provide Psychological First Aid (this is not a crisis line). Call 604.806.9925 or local 69925 – leave your name, number and a time for one of the trained volunteers to call you back. This line is also available to physicians and contracted services (IPS, Sodexo and Crothall).
- Your confidentiality is important and details of the conversation will not be shared; the only information shared will be to OH&S if services are required beyond what is offered so they can ensure you have the appropriate and ongoing assistance you need.
- If you would like some additional support for yourself or your team please contact Sandy Coughlin, Director of Occupational Health & Safety.
- For a list of mental health & wellness resources for medical staff, click here
- We also have an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to support staff. EFAP is a free and confidential service available to full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members (at this time, this service is not available to Physicians). See here for more details.
- Starling Minds is a free mental health resource also available. More information can be found here.
This page last updated Oct 16, 2020 4:11pm PDT
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Free Mental Health Programs
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Bereavement Resources for Healthcare Workers
- My Workplace Health
- The COVID-19 Survival Toolkit for Healthcare Heroes
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- Wellness At Home
- Compensation & Leaves
- Parking & Transportation
- Child Care During COVID-19
- Working From Home
- Financial Support
- People Redeployment Centre
- Media Calls & Patient Relations
- Greeter Program
- Online Memorial Service
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Resources for Leaders
- Ethics Resources
- Messages of Support
- Staff Alerts
- Recognition, Gratitude & Staff Perks
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.
Latest Staff, Volunteer, and Researcher Bulletins
Updated Oct 23, 2020 10:00am PDT
Updated Oct 15, 2020 6:23pm PDT
Updated Oct 8, 2020 5:34pm PDT
Updated Oct 6, 2020 11:00am PDT
Updated Oct 1, 2020 6:21pm PDT