Mental Health & Wellness
- To alleviate some of the immense stress on staff and medical staff who are engaged in PHC’s COVID-19 response, here is a list of wellness supports to sustain us going forward. Check it out here: https://www.phcmedstaff.ca/support-for-medical-staff-covid-19/
- To support your mental health and wellness, a support line is available for staff and volunteers to speak with a colleague who is trained to provide Psychological First Aid (this is not a crisis line). Call 604.806.9925 or local 69925 – leave your name, number and a time for one of the trained volunteers to call you back. This line is also available to physicians and contracted services (IPS, Sodexo and Crothall).
- Your confidentiality is important and details of the conversation will not be shared; the only information shared will be to OH&S if services are required beyond what is offered so they can ensure you have the appropriate and ongoing assistance you need.
Please note: this service will be discontinued on June 25, 2021. Going forward, PHC is partnering with Adler Community Health Services (ACHS), a part of Adler University, to provide on-site and telehealth clinical psychological services to staff.
- If you would like some additional support for yourself or your team please contact Sandy Coughlin, Director of Occupational Health & Safety.
- Care for Caregivers (Canadian Mental Health Association and SafeCare BC Trusted information, free workshops to support employees and quick daily coping tips are available through this online hub for healthcare workers. This site provides a range of easy to use resources to support mental health and well-being. Learn more https://www.careforcaregivers.ca/ Peer Support Hotline The Peer Support team is also available to chat over the phone. Peer Support Hotline is available from 5pm – 9pm Monday through Friday. You can call the hotline at the number below. 1-866-802-7337 (PEER).
- For a list of mental health & wellness resources for medical staff, click here
- We also have an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to support staff. EFAP is a free and confidential service available to full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members (at this time, this service is not available to Physicians). See here for more details.
- Starling Minds is a free mental health resource also available. More information can be found here.
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Free Mental Health Programs
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Bereavement Resources for Healthcare Workers
- My Workplace Health
- The COVID-19 Survival Toolkit for Healthcare Heroes
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- Wellness At Home
- Helpful Articles
- Psychology Awareness
- Break & Relax Rooms
- Compensation & Leaves
- Parking & Transportation
- Child Care During COVID-19
- 2021 Mission Awards
- Working Remotely
- Financial Support
- People Redeployment Centre
- Media Calls & Patient Relations
- Greeter Program
- Online Memorial Service
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Resources for Leaders
- Ethics Resources
- Messages of Support
- Staff Alerts
- Recognition, Gratitude & Staff Perks
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.