Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
EFAP is a free and confidential service available to full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members (at this time, this service is not available to Physicians). A number of EFAP’s services are listed below.
The Homewood Health EFAP is a professional, confidential, and proactive service to support you with a wide range of personal, family, and work-related concerns. Through this program, you and your immediate dependent family members have access to a full range of health and wellness services. For more information, visit thier website or click here for an overview of services.
Homewood Health: EFAP Program:
- 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days of the year.
- Everyone is guarantee Confidentiality within the limits of the law including your employer.
- Will match you to a counselor to suit your needs for short term solutions and if need longer term support, counsellors will refer to community based resources for your needs.
- Counselling can be Face to Face, over the phone, through video or online.
- Counselling: for relationship concerns, family or parenting issues, anxiety, depression, addictions, grief, coping with health issues or related work challenges.
- Life Smart Coaching: offers assessments, coaching and resources to take proactive approach to everyday challenges, A Life Smart Intake Counsellor to contact you within 72 hours to you up with an appropriate specialist in different areas.
- Life Balance Solutions: New Parent Support, Childcare, Parenting, Elder and Family Care, Relationship Solutions, Financial Coaching, Legal Advisory Services, Grief and Loss, Stress Solutions
- Health Smart Coaching Services: Nutritional Coaching, Lifestyle Changes, Jumpstart your Wellness, Smoking Cessation
- Career Smart Coaching Services: Career Planning, Workplace Issues, Pre-Retirement Planning, Shift Worker Support
- Online Services – Homeweb is part of your Employee and Family Assistance Program:
- You can access Homeweb on your phone, tablet, or desktop- anywhere, anytime.
- Access Homeweb for interactive tools, health and wellness assessments, child and elder care resource locators, and a library of health, life balance, and workplace articles.
- Online CBT. i-Volve is an online, self-paced treatment program for depression and anxiety using the best practice treatment approach, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
- i-Volve will help you to identify, challenge and overcome your anxious and/or depressive thoughts, behaviours and emotions
How do I register for Homeweb?
- Step One: Visit www.homeweb.ca and click ‘Sign Up’.
- Step Two: Enter information into the required fields, choose an email and password, and click ‘Next Step’. Then, type in your company name and click ‘Find it!’ Select the correct company from the list provided.
- Step Three: Let us know how you are covered by Homewood, (e.g. through your organization or the organization of a family member), and let us know your relationship to the organization (e.g. employee, spouse, dependent, etc.). Submit the additional information required and click ‘Sign In’ at the bottom of the page. Search, browse, and get expert support.
What if I’m in crisis?
Homewood Health staff are prepared to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Help is always available. Who do I contact? To speak to someone in confidence, for crisis services (24 hours a day) or to book an appointment contact us today by calling the number
COVID-19 Resources from Homewood Health
- Understanding Compassion Fatigue
- Financial Tips for your Financial Health_Apr 2020
- How To Speak To Children_Mar 2020
- Managing Stress and Anxiety_Mar 2020
- Virtual Workplaces, the New Norm_Mar 2020
- How to Stay Productive and Motivated When Working from Home_Mar_2020
International: (Call Collect) 604-689-1717
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Mental Health Programs & Resources
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Bereavement Resources for Healthcare Workers
- My Workplace Health
- The COVID-19 Survival Toolkit for Healthcare Heroes
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- Wellness At Home
- Helpful Articles
- Psychology Awareness
- If you have COVID-19
- Parking & Transportation
- Working Remotely
- Online Memorial Service
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Resources for Leaders
- Ethics Resources