Support Line and Important Contacts
Staff COVID-19 Support line
- To support your mental health and wellness, a support line is available for staff and volunteers to speak with a colleague who is trained to provide Psychological First Aid (this is not a crisis line). Call 604.806.9925 or local 69925 – leave your name, number and a time for one of the trained volunteers to call you back. This line is also available to physicians and contracted services (IPS, Sodexo and Crothall).
- Your confidentiality is important and details of the conversation will not be shared; the only information shared will be to OH&S if services are required beyond what is offered so they can ensure you have the appropriate and ongoing assistance you need.
Mental Health & Wellness Support Contacts
- Canadian Mental Health Association - BC Chapter: COVID-19 Support
- BC Mental Health Network: There is a newly developing counseling network aiming to support BC residents struggling with her mental health during COVID-19, (called “BC COVID-19 Mental Health Network”). They are offering free, short term, 1:1 online or phone counseling. Potential clients are instructed to email email@example.com to receive an appointment time.
- EFAP: We also have an Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) to support staff and physicians. EFAP is a free and confidential service available to all full-time part-time and casual employees of Providence, and your dependent family members. The Homewood Health EFAP is a professional, confidential, and proactive service to support you with a wide range of personal, family, and work-related concerns. Through this program, you and your immediate dependent family members have access to a full range of health and wellness services. For more information, visit thier website or click here for an overview of services.
Homewood Health: EFAP Program:
- 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days of the year.
- Everyone is guarantee Confidentiality within the limits of the law including your employer.
- Will match you to a counselor to suit your needs for short term solutions and if need longer term support, counsellors will refer to community based resources for your needs.
- 1-800-663-1142 (24/7)
- TTY: 1-888-384-1152
- International: (Call Collect) 604-689-1717
If you would like some additional support for yourself or your team please contact Sandy Coughlin, Director of Occupational Health & Safety.
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Free Mental Health Programs
- Support Line and Important Contacts
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- PHC Mental Health and Wellness Website
- Free Resources for Mindfulness Practice
- Bereavement Resources for Healthcare Workers
- My Workplace Health
- The COVID-19 Survival Toolkit for Healthcare Heroes
- Moral Distress at the time of COVID
- Wellness Webinars
- Wellness At Home
- Helpful Articles
- Psychology Awareness
- Break & Relax Rooms
- Compensation & Leaves
- Parking & Transportation
- Child Care During COVID-19
- 2021 Mission Awards
- Working Remotely
- Financial Support
- People Redeployment Centre
- Media Calls & Patient Relations
- Greeter Program
- Online Memorial Service
- Learning and Quality Improvement Resources
- Resources for Leaders
- Ethics Resources
- Messages of Support
- Staff Alerts
- Recognition, Gratitude & Staff Perks
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.