CLAIMING HOME OFFICE EXPENSES DUE TO WORKING FROM HOME IN 2020
On January 12, 2021, PHC provided an update on new guidance from the Canada Revenue Agency on claiming home office expenses for Providence staff who worked from home during the 2020 tax year due to COVID-19.
Please visit the Government of Canada website to review the two options that the CRA has provided for claiming expenses for Tax Year 2020.
Process to request a Form T2200S
- To request a Form T2200S from PHC, please send an email to: T2200request@providencehealth.bc.ca.
- HR will review your request and, if approved, generate a Form T2200S that will be sent back to you.
Process to request a regular Form T2200
PHC will continue to issue the regular Form T2200 to eligible employees; however, please note that the process for requesting a Form T2200 has changed. As an employee, you may request a Form T2200 if you worked from home as a condition of employment or as a requirement of your job.
- If you are eligible for a Form T2200, and you want to request PHC to issue you one, please send your request by email to: T2200request@providencehealth.bc.ca.
- HR will review your request and, if approved, HR will inform Payroll to generate a Form T2200 according to the CRA guidelines.
- If your request is not considered valid, you will receive an email stating that your request does not meet the parameters of a Form T2200.
For more information visit the Government of Canada website.