COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAM – LATEST UPDATE
Submitted by the Regional COVID-19 Vaccination Program Planning Team
Thank you for your patience as we continue to implement the provincial COVID-19 immunization plan. Our vaccine supply is now increasing as expected, which will help us immunize our priority populations as quickly and as safely as possible. If you have not been prioritized for vaccine at this time, please stay tuned — eligibility will be expanded further in the future, as more vaccine supply continues to arrive.
Next week, we will again invite all remaining acute health-care staff and medical staff, as well as community health-care staff and medical staff, who provide direct patient or client care for their first dose. Appointments will be available on a first come, first served basis, and more appointments will be available in the weeks to come. Eligibility and booking information is below.
We will not be offering second dose appointments next week. If you have already received your first dose, please retain your paper record of immunization and we will let you know when it’s time to return to the clinic for your second dose.
Appointments are available for physicians, nurses, and allied health staff employed by a health authority who provide direct, in-person and hands-on care. This includes medical residents and health-care students.
COVID-19 IMMUNIZATION CLINICS: WEEK OF MARCH 1
VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL CAMPUS
Blusson Spinal Cord Centre, 818 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver
PROVIDENCE HEALTH CARE
1081 Burrard Street, Providence Level One, Conference Center
PROVINCIAL HEALTH SERVICES AUTHORITY
BC Children’s and BC Women’s Health Center
4500 Oak Street
5 North, 7000 Westminster Highway, Richmond
NORTH VANCOUVER TEST COLLECTION SITE
ICBC Capilano Claims Centre, 255 Lloyd Ave., North Vancouver
If you have questions, please visit the COVID -19 Vaccine FAQ or Vaccine Update pages on our VCH Intranet, or speak to your manager, director, division or department head. Please do not try to contact the clinics directly.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Anyone booking or arriving who is not eligible will be turned away.
- If you contracted and recovered from COVID-19 more than three months ago, you may now attend a clinic for your first dose of vaccine.
- If you contracted and recovered from COVID-19 within the past three months, you are not eligible for vaccine at this time. You will be immunized at a later date.
- Please do not attend the clinic if you are feeling unwell, experiencing COVID-like symptoms, or if you have been asked by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Come alone, to assist with COVID-19 safety protocols. Physical distancing measures will be in place throughout, including while waiting in line.
- Bring your driver’s license (or another photo ID), Care Card and Employee ID.
- For those not affiliated with the health authority, bring confirmation of your professional affiliation (an online listing you can display on your phone will suffice).
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as you may have to wait in line at the clinic.
- You will be provided with a medical mask and reminded to maintain physical distancing guidelines while at the clinic. After you receive your vaccination, please plan to stay on site for 15 minutes to ensure you experience no adverse effects, such as an allergic reaction.
Important reminder: Provincial orders and guidelines remain in place for everyone, even if you have received the vaccine.
A NOTE ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY: As you know, there is great interest in this unprecedented vaccination campaign. To help ensure the clinic is able to immunize as many staff members as smoothly and efficiently as possible, we ask that you not share clinic details, or post about it on your social media channels.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.