COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAM – LATEST UPDATES
Submitted by the Regional COVID-19 Vaccination Program Planning Team
We appreciate your patience as we continue with the first phase of the provincial COVID-19 immunization plan. Although we are working with short-term delays in the delivery of vaccines, we remain committed to vaccinating our priority populations as quickly and as safely as possible.
This week, we continue to prioritize second doses of COVID-19 vaccine for staff and medical staff who received their first dose between Tuesday, Dec. 15 and Thursday, Dec. 24. Please note: only staff and medical staff who received their first dose between Dec. 15 and 24 will receive their second dose at this time. Please bring your paper record of immunization to the clinic. Those who don’t bring it will have their eligibility confirmed through the provincial immunization database which includes a record of all COVID-19 vaccinations given, but this may result in a longer wait.
SECOND DOSE IMMUNIZATION CLINICS (for those who received their first dose Dec. 15-24)
VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL CAMPUS
Blusson Spinal Cord Centre, 818 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver
Wednesday, Feb. 3: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 4: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 5: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
NORTH VANCOUVER TEST COLLECTION CENTRE (ICBC CAPILANO CLAIMS CENTRE)
255 Lloyd Ave., North Vancouver
Thursday, Feb. 4: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
5 North, Richmond
Wednesday, Feb. 3: noon – 3:45 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 4: noon – 3:45 p.m.
Those who received their first dose after Dec. 24 will be notified when it’s their turn to receive their second dose.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Anyone booking or arriving who is not eligible will be turned away.
- Please do not attend the clinic if you are feeling unwell, experiencing COVID-like symptoms, or if you have been asked by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Come alone, to assist with COVID-19 safety protocols. Physical distancing measures will be in place throughout, including while waiting in line.
- Bring your driver’s license (or another photo ID), Care Card, Employee ID and paper immunization record.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as you may have to wait in line at the clinic.
- You will be provided with a medical mask and reminded to maintain physical distancing guidelines while at the clinic. After you receive your vaccination, please plan to stay on site for 15 minutes to ensure you experience no adverse effects, such as an allergic reaction.
Important reminder: Provincial orders and guidelines remain in place for everyone, even if you have received the vaccine.
A NOTE ABOUT CONFIDENTIALITY: As you know, there is great interest in this unprecedented vaccination campaign. To help ensure the clinic is able to immunize as many staff members as smoothly and efficiently as possible, we ask that you not share clinic details, or post about it on your social media channels.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.