HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD – VOTE ON THE NAME OF PHC’S NEW INTRANET
Boaty McBoatface, Mister Splashy Pants, Fred Durst Society of the Humanities and the Arts – just a few of the names entered into the cultural lexicon as complete fails as a result of a public naming contest. What’s not included -- and never will be -- on the ever-growing fail list is the new PHC intranet name.
In early February, we collected your submissions for names for the new intranet. We received over 70 names from PHC people across the organization (and not one Boaty McBoatface in sight!)
Huge thank you to everyone who submitted a name!
Now, as we gear up to launch this exciting new intranet, there is something very important that we need your help with – picking the final name for the new intranet.
After carefully reviewing the names, running the submissions by IMITS for technical viability, and a preliminary vote with our PHC Intranet Steering Committee, we’ve paired down the over 70 names to our top five.
Here are our top five, in the words of those who submitted them:
- Bloom: Where healthy ideas grow. Bloom, our social intranet, is a vehicle to communicate with Providence staff in a transparent, responsive and open-manner. It acts as a “virtual water cooler” around which staff can gather to learn about current priorities and news within the organization and comment on them.
- CONNECT: Originally submitted as an acronym for Coordinated Organization Network Navigation for Essential Care Terminal, CONNECT evokes a nostalgia for times of old, a time before COVID, when PHC Connect was the first point of contact for staff.
- Community: Community is what we embrace every day, working at Providence. Community thrives here and empowers us all to be the best versions of ourselves every single day we come to work.
- Mission Control: The word “mission” is a nod to our Catholic founders and their mission to serve. It also aligns with our Mission: Forward Strategic Plan. To execute a mission, you need a home base where teams can access all mission critical information/tools in one-place and also engage with each other and leadership. This can all happen on our Mission Control platform.
- The Commons: A place to meet on common ground. Everyone is welcome to establish roots and connect with their community.
Follow the link below to select your favourite name out of the top five:
Please vote by 4PM on Monday, March 1, 2021.
The new PHC Intranet is beginning to take form and in the coming weeks we will have more information to share with you all about this amazing change coming to Providence. We will announce the new name (and winner from our contest) in the March 2, 2021 bulletin.
Please note that the Communications & Public Affairs department holds the right to select the final name in the case of a tie or in the case that new information comes to light that impacts the name of the intranet.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email email@example.com.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.