YOU ARE INVITED! PHC CREATING THE NEW FUTURE — OCTOBER EVENTS FOR LEADERS
COVID-19 has been a difficult time. As leaders, we have been challenged to adapt our leadership style — embracing whatever challenges come our way.
Here at PHC, we want to support you as leaders. We have developed the PHC Creating the new Future as a platform to reflect on the innovative work and learnings during COVID-19. By using this platform, we can grow as leaders and continue to provide excellent patient care — which we are known for here at Providence Health Care. All sessions will be held via Zoom and facilitated by Chantal Normand, Change Specialist.
Here are the sessions for October. Please note, the invitations with Zoom details will be sent to your outlook calendar. We look forward to you joining us.
October Session #1: How to keep staff motivated through this crisis during a second wave
- Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- DIALOGUE SESSION: Interview with Pat Munro, Patient Care Manager-Emergency Department
Discussion: Pat will share learnings from her experience with HIV, the hockey Riots and the Olympics. After the interview, leaders will break into small groups and discuss learnings as we move into the second wave of COVID-19.
October Session #2: How to lead your team through a crisis
- Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- ARTICLE DISCUSSION: Please read the articles listed below in preparation for the discussion.
We will discuss the following questions at the session:
- What are you noticing about these articles that holds true for your team?
- What emotions did these articles bring up for you, if any?
- What is most important for PHC that we need to pay attention to?
- What is one thing you can do with your team based on the article and discussion?
Did you miss last month’s sessions? Not to worry, we have the recordings.
- Leading with Resilience featuring Dr. Lawrence Cheng
- Dr. Lawrence Cheng is not only a physician at St. Paul’s Hospital in the Emergency Room, he also started a functional medicine clinic here in Vancouver.
- COVID-19 and the Employee Experience — How Leaders can seize the moment
Grow Your Leadership Potential with a Certified Executive Coach: To register for a 1:1 leadership coaching session, please visit the Leadership Resources section on the COVID-19 website by clicking here. Be sure to check-out the leadership resources available, such as articles, podcasts etc.
If you need to reach PHC’s Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPAC), please call local 69357. Do not contact individual IPAC team members.